Sunday, June 20, 2010

I have a new love... his name is RAGNAR!

Getting ready to start my 2nd leg.

Steve running his hardest leg.


Yeah, he stunk!


Sporting the Mohawk!!



During my 1st leg, my team mates cheering me on.



Before the race started. We have no idea what we're in for.





Steve and I finished our first Ragnar relay this weekend. Steve was runner 1 and I was runner 3. We were in a van with some really awesome team mates, they were so supportive and fun. So the race started off with Steve in Logan at 7:15 am. All six of our vanmates ran their best and were so supportive of each other. I smelled so bad by the end of this, I practically had to scrape my sportsbra off with a spatula! The craziest part of this experience was sleeping on the ground behind a gas station in the middle of the night. We were so tired we didn't care where we slept, even though it was freezing cold, and only got about 2 to 3 hours sleep. That part sucked. At the end of my third leg, which happened to be 8 miles UP HILL on the back side of Jordanelle Res, I cried a really UGLY sob. You know the kind you can't control that's really embarrassing... Yeah, that was me. Some guy walking past me said " let it all out honey", it was sweet of him. That was the moment in the race that I realized what we'd accomplished together. Steve was so amazing, he got out of the van and ran almost the whole hill with me, handing me water and telling me how proud of me he is. You'd probably cry too :) I also loved watching Steve run, he really is a fantastic athlete. I was beaming with pride watching him. Everywhere you looked you would see vans decorated in absolutely crazy ways, hear cow bells and air horns, and see people dressed up in rediculous costumes. It was a riot! I can't wait to do it again next year, I wouldn't miss it for the world!

3 comments:

Kristen said...

I can't believe you took that uphill leg...you're crazy...and by the way I can totally picture you sobbing like a baby...I have been to girls camp with you too many times and witnessed it myself. Love you! I hope life is treating you well...

Carlye Momma said...

Oh honey, it was such an incredible experience! I am SO grateful we got to share it together. You and Steve are such a stinkin cute, supportive couple. I loved every stinking (haha, I guess the pun is intended here) second of it. SO glad I got to spend all of that time with you! You're amazing, and an inspiration to everyone around you! I am so grateful to call you guys my friends. Truly!

Matt said...

Ummm...Becky!?!? You are seriously so impressive! I haven't checked your blog in a long time and it has been fun to read about all of your fun adventures. I saw your hubby (and your girls I think?) on the fire truck yesterday in the parade. I screamed at Steve and he threw me a necklace! :) I have no idea if he even knew who I was, but I thought it was funny.

We need to get together sometime! It's been WAY too long!